About gDonna
The photo is my son and myself. Now days you can get a photo made to look old like this one. This photo was taken when this was the new look.

Harry S Truman was president when I was born and world war II had ended. I grew up in a time when lunch was put in a brown paper bag and a sandwich was wrapped with wax paper. There was no such thing as pantyhose, we wore stockings that attached to the rubbery clippy things that attached to the girdle. Convenience stores were not common and when we took a trip we packed a picnic basket because many places did not have fast food. Highways had places to pull over and stop, some with picnic tables. Read more ....

Donna's Diary Posts

My Favorite Blog and Books
Recent Posts
Please log in or Create an account to post or reply to topics.
You will still receive notifications of replies to topics you are part of even if you do not subscribe to new topic emails.

Comments On Article: Going Back To Basics In A Different Way.

C
6 posts
Mon Feb 20, 23 8:10 PM CST

Hello GDonna, Have been reading your blog for a few years and found you by way of Rhonda at Down to Earth. Concerned to hear about you and Charles and the Covid. I will be praying for both of you and about your surgery for another pacemaker. I too love the sense of peace when I read about your simple way of living. My goodness, you have taught so many of us so much. I will be 82 in a few weeks and I just try to learn something new every day. My sweet husband Don and I grew up in the 40's and 50's and my heart just aches to see all that our children, grandchildren and great grandchildren have to face in today's world. But we are strong in our beliefs and our homes can be the refuge that we all need. Blessings to you and to each of your readers. Carolyn in Florida (Pensacola)

M
4 posts
Tue Feb 21, 23 9:52 AM CST

I am so sorry to hear that you and Charles have had Covid. We had it last summer and it took a long time to recover. Also I am praying about your surgery and the situation with your pacemaker. I am happy that you are going back to just simple living, as I have learned so much from your posts and I was unable to do the history study.  Please get plenty of rest! 

Love and prayers for both of you.

D
2 posts
Tue Feb 21, 23 5:57 PM CST
Helper G wrote:

If you would like to share your comments for article Going Back to Basics in a different way., this is where to do it! 

Click the Reply To This Topic button below to post yours.

Although I haven't commented yet on your new forum, I am a long time reader and had to tell you I am adding my prayers to others here. I'm praying that the Lord will heal you and Charles completely from Covid and for a safe and successful surgery. I am glad that you have decided to make things simpler for yourself and hope that you get a lot of rest and enjoyment out of this change in direction.

I, too, have been so blessed and encouraged and comforted by all your many posts on simple living. I look forward to whatever you do, but agree that the simple living posts are my favorite. They are so comforting, and remind me of how my grandparents lived, and even how I lived during my childhood. 

T
31 posts
Thu Feb 23, 23 2:31 PM CST

I know you are disappointed that you couldn't continue the study. I pray that the surgery goes well and that both you and Charles are feeling better soon.

a
20 posts
Thu Feb 23, 23 2:39 PM CST

Hi Grandma Donna, I am sorry that you both got Covid.  Five of my friends had it recently.  How scary.  I just got the bivalent vaccine, hoping it will help.  I love the 1950's!  Your photos made me smile, my cabin was built in that era, and I have kept everything the way it was.  That white house is just gorgeous!  I hope your surgery goes smoothly, and am glad to read that you are taking care of yourself. 

A
11 posts
Fri Feb 24, 23 7:11 AM CST

Hi GDonna,

Like many others have expressed, I love your simple living posts. They have been such a blessing to me. I wanted to let you know that I will keep you and Charles in my prayers and praying for the surgery (when it happens) goes smoothly. 
It encourages me to see you still planting your seeds. I am going to start some today. God bless you!

« Previous Page 1  2 Next Page  » 
56 total messages
Please log in or Create an account to post or reply to topics.
Loading more pages
Loading more pages

NEW! Join the mailing list to get email notifications when new articles are posted to our site.

Your information is safe with us and won't be shared.

Thank you for joining! 

IMPORTANT! 
You were sent an email to confirm your subscription to our mailing list.
Please click the link in that email to confirm or you won't be added.
If you have not received the email within a few minutes please check your spam folder. 

Loading More Photos
Scroll To Top
Close Window
Close