About gDonna
The photo is my son and myself. Now days you can get a photo made to look old like this one. This photo was taken when this was the new look.

Harry S Truman was president when I was born and world war II had ended. I grew up in a time when lunch was put in a brown paper bag and a sandwich was wrapped with wax paper. There was no such thing as pantyhose, we wore stockings that attached to the rubbery clippy things that attached to the girdle. Convenience stores were not common and when we took a trip we packed a picnic basket because many places did not have fast food. Highways had places to pull over and stop, some with picnic tables. Read more ....

Donna's Diary Posts

My Favorite Blog and Books
Recent Posts
Please log in or Create an account to post or reply to topics.
You will still receive notifications of replies to topics you are part of even if you do not subscribe to new topic emails.

Comments On Article: Peek Week Monday

1,655 posts (admin)
Mon Mar 13, 23 2:54 PM CST

If you would like to share your comments for article Peek Week Monday, this is where to do it! 

Click the Reply To This Topic button below to post yours.

L
44 posts
Mon Mar 13, 23 3:46 PM CST

Your "new" bedroom looks calm and peaceful.  And I bet you slept well once you finally got to climb into that bed!  It looks lovely.

H
25 posts
Mon Mar 13, 23 6:03 PM CST

Thank you for the photos!  It is amazing how much hand work it takes to do a good job. The floor looks amazingly good

35 posts
Mon Mar 13, 23 7:03 PM CST

Oh, your bedroom looks so clean and bright.  You are right it just takes getting started.  It reminds me of a saying that I heard somewhere.  I laughed and laughed but it is really a good rule to live by.

"If you have to eat three frogs, eat the biggest one first and don't think about it too much."

You can think yourself out of doing so many things but if you just get started and do the hardest part first then the rest of it is all downhill.

Victoria

D
21 posts
Mon Mar 13, 23 8:00 PM CST

I bet you both have such a huge feeling of accomplishment on all you have done so far. Your bedroom is beautiful! I loved the old color and wondered why you wanted to change it, but this new color is simply lovely. Thanks for showing us your progress.

D
22 posts
Tue Mar 14, 23 4:25 AM CST

I so look forward to your posts.

A
41 posts
Tue Mar 14, 23 10:30 AM CST

It all looks absolutely wonderful.  Okay, so if you can do it, so can I.  I need to paint several rooms and in general, my house needs an incredible amount of work almost everywhere, so I just need to do it, right?  ...Right after I choose a white color from 1 million and 1 white paint swatches. Sigh. 

J
50 posts
Tue Mar 14, 23 11:27 AM CST

My mother-in-law planted those same flowers and she called them St. Joseph lilies.  They still come up every year, and she's been gone almost 40 years. I have no idea what the botanical name is, but they are always lovely in the spring. 

Your bedroom looks so peaceful and restful.  The refinished floor is just right!  

Are those panels being painted actually "tin ceiling" panels?  

I know I need to do some repainting.  I've repainted two bedrooms out of the three in our house, but the master bedroom and great room have cathedral ceilings, and the original painters used scaffolding.  The master bedroom is almost 15 feet high at the peak, and the great room is 25 feet high.  I will be hiring painters for that, so I'm putting those rooms off as long as I can.  

35 posts
Tue Mar 14, 23 12:43 PM CST

I googled Dutch Amaryllis and came up with this site.  https://www.adrbulbs.com/subcategory/Dutch-Amaryll...

There are several varieties of this amaryllis------- solid red to dark pink that might be the same as yours.  Hard to tell since the color shows differntly from one computer screen to another.

9 total messages
Please log in or Create an account to post or reply to topics.
Loading more pages
Loading more pages

NEW! Join the mailing list to get email notifications when new articles are posted to our site.

Your information is safe with us and won't be shared.

Thank you for joining! 

IMPORTANT! 
You were sent an email to confirm your subscription to our mailing list.
Please click the link in that email to confirm or you won't be added.
If you have not received the email within a few minutes please check your spam folder. 

Loading More Photos
Scroll To Top
Close Window
Close