About gDonna
The photo is my son and myself. Now days you can get a photo made to look old like this one. This photo was taken when this was the new look.

Harry S Truman was president when I was born and world war II had ended. I grew up in a time when lunch was put in a brown paper bag and a sandwich was wrapped with wax paper. There was no such thing as pantyhose, we wore stockings that attached to the rubbery clippy things that attached to the girdle. Convenience stores were not common and when we took a trip we packed a picnic basket because many places did not have fast food. Highways had places to pull over and stop, some with picnic tables. Read more ....

Donna's Diary Posts

My Favorite Blog and Books
Recent Posts
Please log in or Create an account to post or reply to topics.
You will still receive notifications of replies to topics you are part of even if you do not subscribe to new topic emails.

About This Forum

1,653 posts (admin)
Sat Dec 24, 22 5:49 AM CST

Welcome to our brand new discussion forum. 

Because the comment section of the articles are so active we decided to make it more interactive.

ACCOUNT

To make comments on articles or reply to other topics you will need to create an account which you can do from the links at the top of the page if you haven't done so already. 

And now you will get an email notification when someone replies to yours!

PROFILE: 

After you have create an account you can click the "My Profile" button at the top to change your screen name. By default it is the name you entered when creating an account.

You can also upload a profile picture and tell a little about your self.

FORUM SUBSCRIBE

If you want to receive an email when a new topic is posted in the forum click the "Forum Subscribe" button at the top and check the option to subscribe.

OLD COMMENTS

The comments on articles from the old comments system has been merged into this new forum. Those commenters will not receive a reply to those.

RULES

Spamming & rude comments will not be tolerated.

We reserve the right to delete any messages we do not find appropriate and ban any accounts behaving inappropriately. 

MAILING LIST

Also now you can join my mailing list to get an email when new articles are posted to the site.

Edited Sat Dec 24, 22 6:13 AM by Helper G
K
40 posts
Fri Dec 30, 22 6:46 AM CST

How can we comment directly to a person (so that their name is in bold font)? For the life of me, I can't figure it out...

T
30 posts
Fri Dec 30, 22 6:43 PM CST

Kathryn P - Grandma Donna might have a better answer for you, but when I did it, I just made it bold myself by clicking on the bold "B" in the upper left hand corner, just above the message field.  This doesn't send a special notification or anything, but it just helps it stand out as a response to a particular person's post.

K
40 posts
Sat Dec 31, 22 4:43 AM CST
Tea S -   

That makes perfect sense. Thank you! 

G
269 posts (admin)
Sat Dec 31, 22 1:07 PM CST

Thank you Tea for answering Kathryn P's question. It is a good way to do the highlight. As soon as we all get used to the forum our eyes will know these things. simple things seem difficult for all of us, including me.

K
48 posts
Sun Jun 25, 23 4:25 AM CST

I think I missed an update - are the discussion topics no longer available? I am being forced to move house in 2 months and desperately wanted some advice on how to go about cleaning and moving but couldn’t find anywhere to post about it. 

6 total messages
Please log in or Create an account to post or reply to topics.
I am receiving email notifications for this topic. Unsubscribe from this topic.
This post has been viewed 2,942 times

Loading more pages
Loading more pages

NEW! Join the mailing list to get email notifications when new articles are posted to our site.

Your information is safe with us and won't be shared.

Thank you for joining! 

IMPORTANT! 
You were sent an email to confirm your subscription to our mailing list.
Please click the link in that email to confirm or you won't be added.
If you have not received the email within a few minutes please check your spam folder. 

Loading More Photos
Scroll To Top
Close Window
Close